According to Wikipedia a wipe, also known as a towel, or a towelette, is a small piece of paper or cloth that often comes folded and individually wrapped for convenience.
Eyelid wipe is a very common treatment for people who are suffering from eyelid infections and disorders like blepharitis, meibomitis, MGD, dry eyes, etc. In this article, we will present and compare the best eyelid wipes to conclude which suits best for every particular case.
Cliradex Eyelid, Eyelash and Facial Cleansing Towelettes
Poor eyelid hygiene is one of the most common reasons for ocular irritation, inflammation and lid-margin diseases like blepharitis and dry eye. Most traditional cleansers are created from man-made chemicals. On the other hand, Cliradex towelettes are a natural way to keep the eyelids and skin clean, comfortable and healthy.
Cliradex towelettes are preservative-free, all-natural lid, lash, and facial cleanser with a higher concentration of 4-Terpineol. Cliradex is the only commercially available product that isolates 4-Terpineol, the active ingredient of Tea Tree Oil. Cliradex is considered a premium solution in the management of blepharitis, MGD, Demodex, dry eye and rosacea. As is, Tea Tree Oil could be harsh, especially on the face.
The patented and proprietary solution is a natural way to keep your eyelids and skin clean, comfortable and healthy. Cliradex is scientifically shown to be safe and effective to control lid margin diseases. A lot of review studies and papers have been published that praise the effectiveness of Cliradex.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT: CLIRADEX Natural Eyelid Towelettes are natural face wipes made without parabens, sulfates, fragrances, artificial colors, alcohol, fillers, and is vegan and never tested on animals. Our cleansing wipes are derived from a sustainable source of tea tree oil.
- MITICIDAL: Kills Demodex mites associated with rosacea, blepharitis and other eye irritations. Specially formulated facial wipes to maintain proper eyelid margin hygiene. Our formula is extracted from tea tree oil that cleanses the eyelids, eyelashes, and face while killing some mites associated with inflamed eyelids other skin conditions.
- DEEP CLEANSING WIPES: Use it after a makeup remover to wipe away the remaining debris and residual oils. Its main component 4-Terpineol from tea tree oil penetrates deep within the skin to cleanse it.
Systane Eyelid Cleansing Wipes
Systane Lid Wipes are premium pre-moistened wipes that can be used in your everyday life. They are hypoallergenic, each wipe is individually wrapped which makes them convenient for travel. They are great for removing eye makeup and debris that can cause irritation.
Flents Eyelid Cleansing Wipes
These wipes thoroughly and gently clean dirt, debris, and makeup around your eyelid area. These wipes are individually wrapped and have a large surface area for better cleaning. The wipes are individually packaged for on the go convenience Gentle On The Skin. Wipes are rinse-free, preservative-free and hypoallergenic.
The product comes in a convenient pack of 30 individual packets Large Wipes. Wipes have a large surface area for easier cleaning. Flents has developed a line of innovative personal care products. Popular products include Insty Splint finger splints, sleep masks, hot/cold water bottles, ice bags, and eye patches. Flents products offer simple solutions for at-home health and wellness needs.
- MAKEUP REMOVER: Perfect for removing mascara, eyeliner and more from the face and eyes
- 30 WIPES: 1 portable box of 30 eyelid wipes
- GENTLE ON SKIN: Wipes are rinse-free to protect your face
Dr. Fischer EYE-CARE BABY Cleansing Wipes
Dr. Fischer EYE-CARE BABY Cleansing Wipes is an exclusive innovative wipe based on eye preparations that gently cleanses and safeguards the delicate eyelids and lashes. A child’s daily environment in nursery schools, daycare centers, and playgrounds frequently exposes their delicate eye surrounds to dust, dirt, and allergens as well as serious contagious eye conditions. The wipes help prevent ocular conditions from worsening and assist the eyes in healing naturally.
- PREMIUM BABY EYE CARE from Dr. Fischer brings to you the gentlest and most effective eyelid wipes that are absolutely free of preservatives, alcohol and other irritants. No more irritation of your baby's delicate eyes
- TEAR FREE and RINSE FREE – Dr. Fischer Premium Baby Eyelid Wipes have been especially formulated with babies in mind. Clean away everyday dirt buildup around the eyes without crying or harmful chemicals and help alleviate clogged tear ducts and irritation
Ocusoft Lid Scrub Plus
OCuSOFT Lid Scrib is a pre-moistened pads solution that contains antibacterial ingredients in a unique formula that has been shown to be particularly effective against bacteria commonly found on the eyelid. Bacteria is the most common reason for eyelid irritation and disorders. This product is usually suggested as cleaning treatment for patients who suffer from moderate to severe blepharitis. OCuSOFT Lid Scrub PLUS is also recommended for other severe conditions with bacterial involvement like Demodex mite infestation. Its formula effectively kills seven different strains of bacteria. OCuSOFT Lid Scrub PLUS can also help prevent infections following ophthalmic surgical procedures. Consult your eye doctor prior to adding OCuSOFT Lid Scrub PLUS to your pre-surgery regimen.
- Relieves irritation and Removes contaminants
- Number 1 doctor recommended eyelid cleanser
- Cleans, moisturizes and refreshes
- Convenient, easy-to-use pre-moistened pads
There is not a single eyelid wipe or scrub that is considered the best for all cases. So we present the best cleaning solution per need.
Best For Baby: Dr. Fischer EYE-CARE BABY Cleansing Wipes
Best Value For Money: Systane Eyelid Cleansing Wipes
Best Against Demodex: Cliradex Eyelid, Eyelash, and Facial Cleansing Towelettes
Best Against MGD, Blepharitis and Dry Eye: Ocusoft Lid Scrub Plus
Blepharitis Wiki suggests :
- One box of eyelid wipes often contains 20 or 30 packets. Instead of purchasing two boxes, you can cut each towelette package and save half for later use, it should be more than adequate.
- Each person is different, each skin is also different. Do not stay on one eyelid cleaning solution. Try different products and conclude which is the most efficient for you. Some patients reported that even the cheapest wipes provide them great results.
- Always read all instructions and warnings applicable to your particular product prior to first use, and keep the instructions available for future reference.