Diagnosing Blepharitis


Your general practitioner is responsible for diagnosing most cases of blepharitis, who will:

  • ask you about your symptoms
  • examine your eyes
  • check for any associated medical conditions, such as seborrhoeic dermatitis or rosacea (skin conditions)

Diagnosing Blepharitis

Your general practitioner refers you to an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating eye conditions) if:Diagnosing Blepharitis

  • symptoms are particularly severe
  • symptoms do not improve after treatment
  • eyes are painful
  • vision is blurred
  • you have experienced any loss of vision

The ophthalmologist will carry out further tests to make sure that your symptoms are not being caused by another condition, such as a more serious type of eye infection.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here